Slimy roots are a sign of algae growth. If you havent already,read the section entitled "How can I stop algae from growing in the bucket?
" to prevent future outbreaks of algae growth. To correct any problems with current algae growth,follow the simple instructions here and the problem should be corrected in a few days.
- Make a solution (the amount equivalent to the size of your bucket) with plain water and 10ml of H2o2 (Hydrogen peroxide) added per gallon of water.
- Empty the bucket containing the algae growth and scrub well.
- Pour the H2o2 solution into the bucket through the top of your net pot.
- Let this sit for about 1/2 hour and then dump and rinse through the top of the net pot with plain pH adjusted (pH5.5) water.
- Dump again and then fill with your standard nute solution with 5ml of H2o2 added.
- In a few days,when no signs of the slime are visible,dump the bucket and fill with your standard nute solution.