What is a good ph/EC/TDS meter?

  Added by: MisterIto  Last edited by: administrator  Viewed: 771 times  Rated by 10 users: 9.50/10
I use and recommend the Hanna HI9813 Grocheck portable ph, ppm and EC meter. It is available from most larger indoor garden supply retailers for around $200. I have had one for several years and it never drifts more than .2 on the ph scale or 30ppm from the original calibration made. I keep the electrode immersed in Hanna storage solution and use a hand held trigger sprayer to clean the film and residue that accumulates on it. I feel this contributes to my consistent readings without any need for re-calibration at all.

Added by ~shabang~:
I've had the lower model waterproof Oakton pens for over 5 years with no problems. I've replaced the pH probe twice since I let it dry out too long, but I did that for piece of mind and not because it really needed it.
  Last modified: 18:32 - Nov 07, 2000 

GrowFAQ © 2000-2004 Overgrow
faq:19 "What is a good ph/EC/TDS meter?"